The documentation for the WordPress for Toastmasters software has not always kept pace with the software itself — but help is on the way.
One of my Online Presenters Toastmasters friends, Peggy Clowser, is planning to organize her High Performance Leadership project around improving the software documentation. She will be recruiting other volunteers to create documentation or training modules, so consider whether you can help. Potentially, this could be an HPL project for more than one person.
Another important way you can contribute is to send us your questions that need to be answered more effectively.
I will be advising the documentation team, but part of the point of this project is to correct for my blind spots — to the person who wrote the software, things are often “obvious” that are not obvious to anyone else.
- Reviewing and correcting existing documentation that is outdated. For example, the agenda editor recently went through a major overhaul.
- Explaining the relationship between event templates and individual events as clearly as possible.
- Creating training modules suitable for presentation at a TLI.
- Creating a sustainable process for documenting the software going forward.
Please reply if you can help with your time, your expertise, and your questions and suggestions.
Related: the webinar below is part of my educational outreach for RSVPMaker, which is a component of the WordPress for Toastmasters solution.
Wednesday March 20, 2019 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- How RSVPMaker works with Gutenberg (the new editor introduced in WordPress 5)
- How to set up basic event announcements
- How to set RSVP / registration options, including site-wide defaults and templates for events
- How to use event templates to define recurring events (and then how to generate individual events and update previously created events when the template changes)
- How to use the integrations with PayPal and Stripe to collect money
- How to use the integration with MailChimp
- Anything else you want to talk about
The webinar / video conference details will be displayed after you register and also sent to you by email.