How Can We Help?
The Setup Wizard helps speed the initial configuration of a WordPress for Toastmasters website, consolidating agenda and user account setup functions and initial configuration options that would otherwise require visiting multiple screens on the WordPress dashboard.
It consists of 3 screens:
- Meetings and Basics
- User Accounts
- Next Steps
Used to determine
- Time allowed for meeting opening and closing activities
- Number of speakers and evaluators at a typical meeting
- Time allowed for Table Topics, if included on your agenda, and when that occurs
- Time allowed for a break, if included on your agenda, and when that occurs
- Supporting roles including in your meetings
- Whether to ask guests to register online
Optionally, change your password. Recommended for Toastmost.org users who received a password by email.
Add accounts for a few other users who can help you test the website. Set club roles and security level as appropriate.
The wizard’s third screen suggests next steps you might take to create initial marketing content for your website (Edit your home page) and view the agenda and signup pages associated with upcoming meetings.
Your club website should already be usable at this point, at least for testing, but if you need to further edit the agenda or tweak the design, the Next Steps page provides pointers and links to relevant documentation.
See also: Video Demo, includes notes and screenshots of where to find these features outside of the wizard.