How Can We Help?
Add or Edit an Agenda Role
WordPress for Toastmasters represents roles that appear on your agenda and signup page as WordPress blocks. See Add WordPress Blocks (Different Types of Content). Several other agenda-specific content blocks are available, including Agenda Note, Editable Note, and Planned Absence.
The Toastmasters Agenda role block is displayed as a signup form on your website, when viewed by a logged in and authorized member. On the versions of the agenda that can be printed or emailed, the same block is displayed with the name of the person who has signed up for the role or with “Open” if the role has not yet been filled.
The block for speaker roles displays additional information related to specific speech projects on the signup form and the agenda views.
To add a role block, do one of the following:
- Click the add block button (the + sign) at the top of the screen or adjacent to the point in the agenda where you want the new block to appear. Select Toastmasters Agenda Role from the list (or use the search field to find it).
- Begin typing /role and Toastmasters Agenda Role should appear as one of the items you can select.
When you insert a new role or click on the placeholder for an existing role block, the options you can set are displayed within the block as well as in the sidebar on the right hand side of the editor (if the sidebar is not visible, click the gear icon at the top right of the editor screen to display it).
The options you can set include:
- Role: choose one of the roles from the list or “custom” for a role that is unique to your club
- Custom Role: Enter the label if this is a custom role. Otherwise, leave blank
- Count: If more than one should appear on the agenda, set the number here. Example: 3 speakers
- Time Allowed: The total time allowed for those who sign up for this role. For three speakers, you would set this to 21 at a minimum (3 7-minute speeches) but might want to go to 24 or 26 to allow for some longer speeches. If too many members sign up for long speeches that would exceed this limit, a warning will be shown.
- Padding Time: This was intended for use in combination with speech roles. In addition to the time allowed for speakers, you can build in another minute or two for introductions and set up between speeches.
- Agenda Note: You can enter an additional explanatory note that will be displayed on your agenda, beneath the role.